The Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology of the Polish Academy of Science, founded in 1918, is currently the largest non-university biological research center in Poland.
Research conducted at the Institute focuses on issues directly related to health protection and improving the quality of life. The Institute's main mission is to learn the mechanisms and develop innovative therapies and diagnostic methods for cancer, diabetes, neurodegenerative diseases, neurological disorders and other civilization diseases. In addition to basic biological research, the Institute provides expertise in the field of translational research, including pre-clinical research. The Nencki Institute is open to cooperation with industry, aimed at introducing new products to the pharmaceutical, biomedical and biotechnological market.
Who are we looking for?
- You are an enthusiastic student with a strong interest in Life Sciences
- Your degree is in biology, biotechnology, medicine, molecular medicine
- You hold or expect to obtain a Master degree not later than September 2020.
- Four-year fully-funded fellowships
- Participation in international conferences and exchange programmes
- Scientific equipment of the highest quality
The next admission round will start on 5 August and will last until 18 August 2020.
More information: https://warsaw4phd.eu/en/candidates/admissions/